I now make over $130k+/month. See all the Shopify store income reports here.
I remember the day God convicted me to start a blog.
I thought He was nuts! I didn’t even know what a blog was! I certainly didn’t see the power of having one, nor the income it could make. Never-the-less, I jumped in headfirst, as is my way.
Blogging has absolutely changed my life forever. Not because of the money, but because of women like YOU!
Every day, I get to go online and inspire women just like YOU all around the globe to accomplish their dreams.
For some, that may mean learning how to get out of debt and save money. For others, it may be learning how to make money from home, as I’ve been doing just that for 18 years now. For you, it may mean learning more about blogging.
Blogging isn’t some get rich scheme and it’s not something you can do in a day. It’s a snowball and you have to build it up like any other thing you want to do in life. Wanna raise at your job? You gotta work hard. Same thing with blogging.
I didn’t get here over night. It’s taken a lot of hard work, but has it been worth it? Absolutely!
This month, I’m going to show you what’s possible, when you go after your dreams, follow your heart, and work hard to accomplish what you want in life.
Here’s my income report for July 2017.
Income Report – $75,226.10 (July 2017)
Network marketing – $355.95
I am a part of a network marketing company in which I quite literally do absolutely NOTHING in it all year long. That’s right, no sales, nothing. But, because I’ve been a part of the company for over 6 years now, they pay me some good money for my doing nothing (I did originally work it for a couple years). This is completely passive income, my favorite kind of income!
Affiliates – $4,137.15
Love me some affiliate income! Yes, please!!!
My favorite affiliates at the moment that I go through are…
- ING Image
- Share A Sale
- Creative Market
- Zyto Compass
My Store – $69,707
Last month, I made over $52k in my store, my very first month opening. This, my second month having my store, I thought there was no way I’d make that high of a sales amount again. Shockingly, I made $17k more this month than last.
The store got 8,153 in traffics this month. The biggest traffic source is direct, followed by referrals.
My biggest selling product is:
Ads – $0
On February 2 of this year, I took ads completely off my site. I felt convicted to do this for many reasons, the #1 being that ads sometimes automatically download malware to your computer. I took a $5,000/month loss in order to take the ads off, but I have a clear conscience that I’m not giving anyone viruses. It’s something that NO ONE talks about and it’s a shame. If you want to protect yourself, the best thing you can do is install an ad blocker. I use the Chrome Extension Ad Blocker Pro on my computer.
Sponsors – $0
I also don’t do sponsored posts and haven’t for years. I feel they don’t line up with my brand and I have little control over what goes into those kinds of posts. Nothing wrong with them for others; they just go against what I want my blog to be.
Misc. income – $1,026
Miscellaneous income came in at a hair over$1k this month.
Total income – $75,226.10
The one thing that you’ll notice, is that ALL my income is PASSIVE! This frees up my time drastically and allows me to be able to work on projects that are more in-depth and helpful to my audience.
My top 10 posts this month:
- The Perfect Tuna Melt
- 40+ Things to Sell Right Now to Make Money
- Top 50 Essential Oil DIY Recipes
- Household Binder
- 15 Top Articles on How to Get Your Kids to Respect You
- 2017 Calendars
- Rare Littlest Pet Shop List – Make Money on eBay
- 10 Best Ever Potty Training Articles
- 2018 Calendars
- Top 5 Habits to Create a Better Life
What I’ve been up to this month:
- I redesigned my blog (myself), which I am forever doing. I’m really huge on branding and know exactly what I’m doing. I love redesigning and it’s something I do quite often. 🙂
- Reflection. I’ve been spending an insane amount of time reflecting this month on everything. I’m starting to see some patterns. Things that are going well, and I’m making some new goals accordingly. I’m excited about the future of this blog.
- Working on printables and two new binders. I’m working on releasing a brand new binder, Handwriting Binder. It’s perfect for back to school and I think you guys are going to love it. I’m having a lot of fun creating it. I just LOVE making printables!
- Praying. I want to make sure that everything I’m doing is exactly according to God’s path for me. I don’t want to veer from it. I want to stay smack dab in the middle of His will for this blog and my life and this month, I’ve been praying extra hard for Him to lead and guide me toward that endeavor. In my blog, I have SO many opportunities and I want to make sure that the ones I take, are the ones He would have for me to take, opportunities that best serve you and my overall goal for this blog, to help moms stay home with their kids, regardless of their income level.
What my goals are for the rest of the year:
- Create a course! I have everything all mapped out in my head on 3-4 different courses now. This month, I’ll be sending out a questionnaire to my newsletter to see which course topic you want me to start on first. I’m really excited and can’t WAIT until that time and I get to see all your answers!
- Create videos for you guys! I’m ready!
- Continue creating binders and printables, something I really enjoy doing.
- Systematize more behind the scenes blogging stuff. I want to get on with something like ZenDesk because I get a lot of the same questions in my blog email box. I think ZenDesk will be a good fit for the blog and help everything be more streamlined.
- Continue working on my store and loving on it. It’s like my baby. I love working on it and improving it, as well as creating more products to add to it.
Have you ever considered how much blogging income you can bring in? Has this post helped show you what’s possible? How does it inspire you in your blogging journey?
If you are interested in creating a blog of your own, I made a step by step video tutorial that will help you start a blog of your own on the cheap, starting at only $2.95/month for hosting (you can only get this lower price through my link).
You will receive a free domain name ($15-$200 value) if you purchase at least 12 months of hosting. Of course, you want to be self-hosted, especially if you are wanting to make money blogging and this is the most cost effective way to go.
My post here will walk you through everything you’ll need to do to get up and running in less than 5 minutes!
Are you ready to start your blog?
If you are, you’ll want to click here and sign up with BlueHost. They are the most economical with fantastic customer support you can get when you are first starting out and they make everything completely easy for you.