See all the Shopify store income reports here.
Maybe you’ve been wanting to start a store, but don’t know where to start or what platform to choose.
Maybe you’re scared to start a store because you don’t know how you’ll possibly be able to drive traffic to it.
Maybe you already have a store and can’t understand why you’re not making anything but chump change in it.
Maybe you’ve spent some time on your store and seen only crickets in traffic.
Maybe you’ve tried other platforms like Etsy, ebay, Amazon, Creative Market, the list goes on and on and have seen a little bit of money, but know there’s more out there for you.
Whatever your situation is, you’re in the right place! Opening up my own Shopify store, very quickly changed my entire life, and while I’m not promising massive amounts of money your very first month, what I AM saying is that most people don’t realize the POWER having your own Shopify store has.
Today, I’m going to be sharing my Shopify store income report for December 2018 and how easy it is to start to make money with Shopify. I’m also going to share with you how Shopify fits into my overall brand strategy and how much I made this month in total.
Make Money with Shopify – Store Income Report – $433,188 (December 2018)
Most of you know that I’ve been selling on ebay for over 20 years now. Back before they were even CALLED ebay. 🙂 I was just a teeny bopper back then, but really realized the power of selling things online. It was a whole new world for me. An exciting world.
But there are several things I’ve always LOATHED about selling online.
- I HATE to ship products.
- I hate keeping track of inventory.
- I hate keeping everything perfectly organized to sell.
- I hate not being able to find something right as it sells.
- I hate following someone else’s rules.
- I hate when they CHANGE said rules and I have to go back through all my ads and completely redo all of them to comply.
- I hate feeling like I have no ownership over the store. Like I’m powerless.
- I hate not having the capability of making certain sales the way I want them to be, instead of working with the basic tools they give me.
- I hate being at the MERCY of a customer who does something shady and leaves bad feedback and everyone thinks it’s ME who has done something bad. Or competitors who leave negative feedback to ruin you (yep, it’s happened!)
So, while there’s a lot of good things about selling on a platform like eBay or Etsy, there are also a lot of bad things you MUST accept in order to sell on someone else’s “turf.”
I sold on Amazon, I’ve sold on Creative Market, I’ve sold on ebay, I’ve sold on a membership site, I’ve sold on a stock photo site, and I’ve sold on Shopify.
For me, out of all the options I’ve tried, Shopify is, HANDS DOWN, the best way to go.
Income total: $453,583.44
- Shopify store only income – $433,188
- Misc income (ebay sales, network marketing income, etc.) – $1,711.93
- Courses (teaching Shopify; non-launch month with no email funnels set up) – $12,602
- Blog (ads, affiliates, etc.) – $6,081.51
Traffic total sessions (to my Shopify store only) – 18,252
Returning Customer Rate – 61.26%
Online Store Conversion Rate – 31.14%
YTD income in Shopify (Jan 2018-Dec 2018) – $2,860,058.60
Stats per product:
This is my favorite part of researching analytics. Figuring out which products sell (or get downloaded for free) the most. Stuff like this tells me EXACTLY what to create more of in my store and what to stop creating, so it’s something I gauge very heavily.
If you have the $79/month Shopify plan, which I do, you’ll get FANtastic analytics reports that will give you all this information broken down by product. I then go into my newsletter (I have ConvertKit and Leadpages and love them) and compare them in order to get conversion rates.
My top 5 products for 2018 (by profits)
You can see this months’ top 5 products by clicking the links below:
- Blogging Bundle (I’m going to turn this into a full course and add to it, since it sells so much)
- Household Binder
- Financial Freedom Bundle
- Recipe Binder
- Honest Bloggers Bundle