Are you looking for a way to relax and de-stress?
Life can be crazy, but I have a great DIY solution for you!
Check out this rose petal DIY bath bombs recipe!
Best Rose Petals DIY Bath Bombs Recipe For You
Sometimes we all just need a little rest and relaxation to recoup, am I right?!
Bath bombs are a great way to de-stress and allow us to have a few moments of peace. Toss them in the bath for a refreshing scent and regather your thoughts!
These rose scented bath bombs are SO easy to make, and smell heavenly, just like Lush bath bombs! The best part is you know exactly what is being put into them! You don’t have to worry about the added ingredients like store-bought ones.
Plus, these are super cheap to make and you’ll have a few to use in the future with this recipe. 🙂 Here’s what you’ll need!
- 2 oz Epsom salt (my favorite brand is Dr. Teals)
- 4 oz baking soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz corn starch
- 2 oz citric acid
- ½ tbsp of water
- ¼ cup of dried rose petals
- 15-20 drops Rose fragrance oil
- 1 drop Peach soap colorant
- Large bowl
- 3-4 medium-size round bath bomb molds
- Small jar with a lid
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
Directions for this DIY bath bombs set:
1. In the large bowl, combine the Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and citric acid. Use the whisk to mix well, making sure to remove any clumps.
2. Pour the water, olive oil, Rose fragrance oil, and soap colorant into the jar. Make sure the lid is secure and shake well to form the color.
3. Very slowly add in the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Make sure to add just a few drops at a time, while continuously whisking.
*If you’re not pouring slowly enough and whisking while pouring, the mixture will start to fizz and the bath bombs won’t form the right way.
4. Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color becomes consistent.
5. Then add the rose petals and give the mixture a quick stir.
6. Immediately fill the molds with the mixture, making sure each side is firm and stuffed full.
7. Secure both parts of the mold together and let it sit for about a day, to be on the safe side.
8. Carefully release bath bombs out of the molds and put them into an airtight container or individual cello bags.
You’re done! Now enjoy your rose bath bombs. 🙂
How To Enjoy These Rose Bath Bombs
In case anyone hasn’t told you lately, it is okay to take some time for yourself! It is hard to take care of your kids and others when you aren’t filling your own cup.
Set up a fun spa night for yourself by doing the following:
- First, if you have kids, ask your spouse or a sitter to come to watch them while you get set up. If you don’t have that option, wait until they go to bed to have your spa night!
- Play “Spa Radio” on your phone through the pandora app – it’s free and the music is PERFECT for relaxation.
- Light a few candles in the bathroom for a nice scent and ambient lighting!
- Grab your favorite skincare mask or moisturizer and apply it before your bath.
- Grab a book or your Kindle to read – I highly recommend unplugging and leaving your phone across the room!
Wa-la! You are all ready and set up to have a nice relaxing evening using these awesome rose petal bath bombs!
What If You Don’t Have A Tub?
No tub, no problem! I’ve got a couple of suggestions for you…
Give As Gifts
These would make excellent gifts for your friends and family! Birthdays, Christmas, bridal showers, etc.
I know I would personally LOVE receiving these as gifts! They can be expensive to buy at the store and the fact that you made them at home makes them even more special.
These would also be great gifts for new moms who could use a little encouragement to have a relaxing night away. 🙂
Bring On Vacation
Traveling soon? Bring these bath bombs to use on vacation!
Hotels, beach houses, cabins; I’m sure all of these types of places have tubs you can use. 🙂 Vacations are already made for relaxing so just add to that by using these rose bath bombs.
I hope you enjoy making these lovely rose-scented bath bombs, and use them to take a little time to unwind and de-stress! 🙂
For another awesome recipe, check out my: DIY Bath Fizzy Bombs.