Have you ever gotten to the end of the month and wondered where all your money went??
Well, I’ve got a great solution to help that problem! 💖
Check out these super helpful free monochrome cash envelope templates for budgeting!
Super Helpful Free Monochrome Cash Envelope Templates For Budgeting
Let’s talk about two different (hypothetical) people, Sandy and Debbie.
Sandy has no monthly budget. She spends a normal amount on different things but never keeps track of where her money is going.
Debbie sticks to her monthly budget. She budgets everything from groceries to car payments, and knows when something is off.
Who do you think will end up saving more at the end of the year??
Debbie of course! She knows where her money is going and is accountable for it.
Why Budgeting Is Important
Creating and implementing a monthly budget is one of the most important things we can do when it comes to our finances. When we don’t know where our money is going, we have no accountability. We aren’t prepared when the unexpected happens!
These beautifully designed cash envelope printables are the perfect resource to help with all of your budgeting needs!
You can print as many of these out as you need each month! Simply cut out the template, fold and you are ready to start using this money envelope system! There is a blank insert on the back page to keep track of your cash expenses.
You’ll get lots of pretty and classic black & white designs – polka dots, doodles, and other cute designs. 😊
Download the black and white dots printable cash envelopes here.
How To Use These Cash Envelopes
So now you’re asking, what exactly do I do with these printable envelopes? Let’s take a look!
Start By Making A Budget
Let’s get you started with a budget first! Or maybe you already have one, but it needs some fine-tuning. 😊
You can check out this post here on how to create a budget that works for you. You’ll also get some printables that you can keep track of all this with in that blog post, so definitely check it out!
After getting your budget set up, you are ready to start using these!
Get The Whole Family Involved
Make sure you, your spouse and your kids are on board too! Accountability is the key, so making sure everyone knows what’s going on will help you all stick to that budget.
You can definitely help your kids be excited about budgeting! Encourage them to use these as well with their allowances, or doing chores around the house and earning money. It’s never to early to start learning the importance of money and how we should use it!
I recommend reading some Scripture verses in the Bible on money – tithing, being wise stewards, etc. This will give you a godly perspective when it comes to your finances, and God will honor that! Here’s some free sermons on it that have been monumental to me:
- Mastering Your Money by John MacArthur
- Whose Money Is It, Anyway? by John MacArthur
- Richer Than You Think by John MacArthur
You can also check out some of my most popular saving money posts on the blog:
- 15 Things I Don’t Spend Money On
- How to Live on $700/month
- 5 Things People Who Are Debt Free Don’t Do
- Top 12 Banking Secrets They Don’t Want You to Know
- Why You Should Never Shop Walmart or Dollar Stores
- How to Live Debt Free in a Debt-Filled World
- How to Cut Your Power Bill by 35%
What Do I Do With Leftover Money?
So what happens when you get to the end of the month and you have cash left over? You have a couple of options:
- Save it – I would recommend adding it to savings! Keep building that emergency fund with any extra you have leftover.
- Use for upcoming expenses – by this I mean putting towards your vacation plans, saving up for a future house/car, or whatever big purchases you may want to be saving up for!
- Give to the poor/needy or through businesses you support – giving more to God is ALWAYS a good idea. If He’s blessing you with increase, the common thing we do is just keep it to ourselves. But the Proverbs 31 woman was generous (Proverbs 31:20) and SHE is our standard!!!!
I hope these cash envelopes help encourage you to start your own budget and have a clearer view of your finances! 💖