Three reasons you should make your own treats and skip store-bought ones.
1) It’s healthier
YOU get to control the portion sizes, YOU get to control the ingredients. Want to use organic, no problem. Want to know what’s REALLY in your food besides dye #30 and cow intestines #12? Okay, a little dramatic, I get it, but seriously. Making your own food lets you know EXACTLY what’s in it. 🙂
2) It saves you money
Again, you can control the ingredients, therefore, you control the price! Some ingredients you can omit altogether, other times, you can swap them out for different, lower costing items, or use items you already have in your pantry. In baking there are no rules. Okay, that’s not really true….hmmm. My point: Measure correctly and have fun!
3) It’s fun for your whole family
Your husband walks in the door, tired after a day of work and he’s greeted by this amazing scent. “What is that wonderful smell?” he asks. Brownie points for you! Your kids and you have been ‘playing’ all day making some fun treats. These are the memories your kids will remember! Spending time doing fun things with you. Life is too full of…well…life. Always take time to stop and smell the roses, I mean cake. lol.
Check out these fabulous mom approved Easter treats below:
- White Chocolate Dipped Bunny Peeps
- Red Velvet Peeps in a Nest Cookie
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
- Spring Birds Nest Cookies
- Red Velvet Bird Nest Cookies
- Easter Bunny Chick & Nest Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- DIY Make Little Flower Pot Candy Cakes
- Homemade Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Candy Easter Eggs
- Robins Egg No Bake Cheesecake for Easter
- Easter Sprinkle Gooey Bars
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- Pretzel Easter Bunnies
- Easter Cake Batter Truffles
- Easter Bunny Poop Oatmeal Cookies
- Bunny Bark
- Checkerboard Easter Cake
- Easter Marshmellow Pops – So cool!
- Super Moist Carrot Cake
- Easter Eggs in the Grass Cupcakes
What are YOUR favorite homemade treats to make?