Chances are, if you are reading this article, you are stuck for ideas of things to sell and you need to make money right away.
Perhaps you need to make rent money and it’s the 29th of the month.
Perhaps there’s a birthday party you’ve been invited to and you can’t just show up empty handed, but your bank account just gasped for air…there’s nothing left in there.
Whatever the reason may be that you need money right away, please know that I’ve been there (several years ago, I was homeless and within one year of blogging, I was making $10,000/month!) and that I’m praying for you on your journey as well!
Several years ago, I was homeless. It’s too painful to go into details, but the jist of it is that my husband abandoned us and I had been a stay-at-home-mom all my kids lives. He took my debit card and left me with no gas while I called the church to help me get out of the physically abusive situation.
I’d go on to place a restraining order on him, he’d break it several times and I’d stand there to watch the most horrific sight I’ve ever seen in my life. Him thrown against the back of his car, handcuffed, and put in the back of a police car in the parking lot of Walmart…yet another reason I hate that store.
Sometimes, life throws tomatoes at you, I get it. Please know this, it can only get better from where you’re at now. You’re already at the bottom, feeling like you can’t go any lower. The truth is that you can’t. It only goes up from here! So be encouraged!!!
Whether it’s using your time or some creative tangible goods, here are 40 things to sell right now to make money…
40+ Things To Sell Right Now to Make Money
- Start a blog and sell digital goods (check out my blogging binder here)
- Your kids old toys and clothes/shoes that no longer fit them
- Things around the house that you no longer need
- Books / DVD’s you have that you never watch or read. You can easily make quick money on eBay or Half.com
- Recycle your old phone you never use – here’s Amazon’s trade in program.
- Clothes you can’t fit into anymore
- Photos that you’ve taken – ingimage is my favorite place to get stock photos, so I would start there
- Your ideas and unique perspective of brands in surveys – My favorite 25 companies that I used to make money for over a decade are here.
- Your crafts (I used to make Plastic Canvas crafts out of yarn and plastic canvas and sell them)
- Your collectibles you have somewhere out in storage
- Your couponing stock
- Take surveys online
- Things in your storage unit – seriously clean it out, sell the items and stop paying to store stuff you don’t need
- Babysit friends kids
- Mow a lawn
- Walk a neighbor’s dog
- Clean someone’s house
- Your skills – Fiverr, UpWork (formerly Odesk), Elance are all great places to sell your skills
- Tutoring kids in school
- Do virtual assistant work
- Handcrafted items on Etsy
- Write articles – make money selling your articles to online bloggers
- Resell a domain name or create a website and then sell it
- Be a workout buddy with someone trying to get in a habit of exercising
- Shovel Snow
- Help someone move in or out (you can get around $25/hour). Offer your services on social media and to friends.
- Wash cars
- Outdoor patio furniture or outdoor kids toys / bikes they no longer use
- Your baking. You and your kids could make cookies to sell around your neighborhood
- Become a taxi and drive friends around or delivery groceries to house-bound people
- Test out websites for money.
- Teach a class – chances are there’s SOMETHING that you can teach someone else that they’d be willing to pay to learn.
- Christmas items you no longer need
- Musical instruments
- Outside furniture – things like a grill or patio set
- Shoes or purses that are just collecting dust
- That formal dress you’ll never wear again
- Return your past purchases that you don’t want that you haven’t used
- Recycle scrap metal, an appliance like a stove, fridge, or car
- Recycle your cans and glass
- Gifts that you didn’t like and won’t use
- Your coin collection
- Artwork you have in your home
- Sporting equipment to Play It Again Sports
- Create a course on Udemy
- Pick up free things on Craigslist and resell them back on Craigslist
Get the free printable checklist by clicking here.